This video shows us how to thread a sewing machine step by step. To thread a sewing machine: Place the presser foot in the upward position. Place a spool of thread on the spool holder. Traveling from the spool holder, across the top of the machine, look for a minimum of one thread guide. Insert the thread in the thread guide(s). Now look for a tension mechanism. Bring the thread downward to the tension mechanism, slip the thread between the metal disks of the tension mechanism, and travel back upwards with the thread. Look for a take up mechanism. This is the area on the front of the machine which will go up and down, when you turn the hand wheel. Place the thread through the take up lever. Some machines are set up so the thread will slide in to this, others require you to place the thread through a hole. Now the thread will go downward on the left side of the take up lever. Locate and thread any thread guides, leading down to the sewing machine needle. Thread the sewing machine needle. Hold the thread with your left hand and turn the hand wheel.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades