Crafts are easily completed once you learn how to quickly thread a sewing machine.
You Will Need
* A sewing machine
* A needle
* A bobbin
Put the presser foot into the upward position and place a spool of thread into the spool holder.
Insert the thread into a thread guide near the top of the machine. Bring the thread down to the tension mechanism, slip the thread between the metal discs, and back up.
Insert the thread through the take-up lever. Now the thread will go down on the left side of the take-up lever.
Some machines require the thread to slide into the take-up lever; others are set up for the thread to go through a hole.
Pull the thread through the take-up lever and insert it into the eye of a needle.
Insert a wound bobbin while the presser foot is still up. Then lower the presser foot until the needle disappears into the bobbin.
Move the hand wheel until the needle comes back up and catches the bobbin thread. Pull out the spare thread from both the bobbin and the sewing machine and begin sewing.
Fact: In 1830 a French tailor patented the first practical sewing machine. His factory was later destroyed by a mob of tailors, who saw the new machines as a threat to their livelihood.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades