The first step in any sewing project is threading a needle. Here's how to do it—no headaches involved. Check out this Howcast video tutorial on how to thread a needle by hand.
You Will Need
* A needle
* Some thread
* Water or saliva
Step 1. Choose your thread
Step 2. Choose your needle
Step 3. Cut the thread
Step 4. Hold the needle and thread
Step 5. Pass thread through eye
Step 6. Leave a tail
Step 7. Wrap thread around index finger
Step 8. Twist threads together
Step 9. Knot the end
Tip: Try to keep the length of thread shorter than two feet. Anything longer will be difficult to manage and may become tangled.
Fact: The earliest-known iron sewing needles were found at the Celtic fort at Manching, Germany, and date to the third century B.C.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades