A welted pocket (also called a jetted pocket or piped pocket) is a pocket where it appears just to be a thin slit in the fabric of the garment. Ideal for when you are making something you want to have pockets, but don't want to necessarily draw much attention to them - such as tailored suit jackets or streamlined dresses. All you need to learn this technique are some basic sewing notions (scissors, pins, etc) and either bias tape or the ability to cut your own bias tape from your fashion fabric.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades