First, bring the thread up and then make a diagonal line and bring the thread through again. Bring the thread through again below the diagonal line on the left side. Then, put your needle thread through the 'x' and make sure your loops are even. After this, bring your thread through and even up your stitch. Now thread through on the right hand side and go through the next 'x' shape. Continue to do this, and you will see the Vandyke stitch start to take form as you go on. There will be a vertical pattern with raised loops in the middle. To finish, thread through the bottom and you are done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades