Leona from Artists Resource shows us how to decorate cushion covers with a beautiful multi-colored leaf design. You will need textile paint, metallic pens, scissors, glue, paintbrushes, masking tape, a marker pen, cardboard, scrap paper, and some cling film.
To make the stamps, draw or trace the designs onto a piece of cardboard and cut them out. Glue them onto another piece of cardboard and score a line on either end to make it easy to remove. Take a large piece of cardboard, cover it in cling film and put it inside the cushion cover to prevent the ink from leaking through. Apply the paint over the patterns with a brush. With the paint side down, place the pattern on the cushion cover, press it down good and peel it off. Repeat with different shapes and colors all over the cushion cover.
Let the cover dry for an hour. Then using the metallic pens, draw an outline around the leaves. The cover then needs to dry for at least six hours, then it can be ironed on the reverse side, and is washable as well.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades